Monday, May 19, 2014

Quinoa patties with spinach and cheese

Hola! 
   So, I’m not the best at posting the greatest blogs (I’m not a writer), but I can cook J That’s a plus. Anyway, I do my best to give my kids the necessary nutrients for their little bodies to be healthy and to hopefully grow taller than me someday. Here is today’s “healthy” recipe. And I say “healthy” because of the amount of cheese I used. Probably didn’t need as much, but hey, cheese is yummy. J

 

Quinoa patties with spinach and cheese
Makes ~11
2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled (otherwise you’ll prematurely cook your egg)
1 cup grated cheese (I used a garlic cheddar because it had to be used)
3 tablespoons AP flour
1 small package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and wringed dry.
1 egg
2 Tablespoons Brewers Yeast (aka Nutritional Yeast)
1 tsp Salt

Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir together with your hands, (cause its funner) until well combined. Allow the mixture to sit for ~5 minutes.

Spray some pam on to a  sauté pan or griddle of choice and place over medium heat.

I used a #20 disher that makes ¼ cup patties. Place patties on a heated sauté pan or griddle or cast iron comal. I had room for 4 patties at a time. I also used a small egg ring to make them perfectly round, and squished them down into the ring with a spatula to make them flat on top for even cooking.

Cook quinoa cakes for about 3-5 minutes on each side. Repeat with the remaining patties until all of the cakes have been cooked. I only had to spray the pan once because the cheese (as it cooked) oiled the pan up enough for continued cooking.

My kids ate them with ketchup for dipping.  I had them with tapatio.  YUM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment