Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Toddler Girl Cardigan

I got frustrated yesterday morning when I realized that my baby girl is growing! I went to put on my favorite white little cardigan on her, but it was almost too small. She was too little still for the 2T cardigans and sweaters I have waiting for her, so I left it alone and she wore the first little cardigan.
I decided it was time to make her a new little sweater. I started off with a stretchy knit fabric I got off the sales rack at Joanns a couple of months ago. It's thicker than t-shirt material, so I thought it would make for a good sweater some day. I got the pattern idea from a great tutorial on the Craftiness is not optional blog. Here's the link to the tutorial I used. I did make my own little changes to the sweater. #1: I added a box pleat on the back. And #2: I added a flower lace around the neck and down the front (because I messed up on the button hole making).

So in two hours, I had her new little white cardigan with a single button!


And because I have them, and I think it's cute, I added my own tag. I realize it's off-center, but that's what makes it handmade... by me :)  

Here's a close-up of the front with the lacing.

You can see a little bit of my marking pen where I had wanted to place my button holes. Because of the type of fabric, my button hole venture was very unsuccessful. Not a problem though! I had some really cute flower lace that I've had saved up for something special. Here was my "something special", and it hid my mess. Double awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment